- “Customer”, produced by Carvin & Ivan, is the second single from singer Raheem DeVaughn’s from his album Love Behind the Melody. It is also Raheem’s most popular single & highest charting single on the Billboard 100, currently peaking at number 78.
- A person or thing of a specified kind that one has to deal with
- someone who pays for goods or services
- A person or organization that buys goods or services from a store or business
- A customer (also known as a client, buyer, or purchaser) is usually used to refer to a current or potential buyer or user of the products of an individual or organization, called the supplier, seller, or vendor. This is typically through purchasing or renting goods or services.
- A room or building for the display or sale of works of art
- A collection of pictures
- veranda: a porch along the outside of a building (sometimes partly enclosed)
- spectators at a golf or tennis match
- a room or series of rooms where works of art are exhibited
- A balcony, esp. a platform or upper floor, projecting from the back or sidewall inside a church or hall, providing space for an audience or musicians
- an atoll in the Marshall Islands; formerly used by the United States as a site for testing nuclear weapons
- The bikini or two piece is a women’s swimsuit with two parts, one covering the breasts, the other the groin and, optionally, part or all of the buttocks, leaving an uncovered area between the two. It is often worn in hot weather, while swimming or sunning.
- A very brief two-piece swimsuit for women
- Scanty underpants
- a woman’s very brief bathing suit
MONICA HOTEL AND COCKTAIL LOUNGE, SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA 1964
THE MONICA HOTEL’S COCKTAIL LOUNGE…was the best seat on the beach in the 60s for those who enjoyed a cocktail while admiring the bodies of the young women and men who paraded by the bar window in scantily-fashioned swimwear. While I was able to maintain my posture while enjoying a double vodka martini on the rocks watching my nearly naked peer groups parading by, some of the older customers tumbled off their stools as groups of pink-bikin-clad hotties paraded by the big bar window of the Monica Hotel bar. The Monica Hotel has been gone for many years now, possibly razed for more parking, possibly because of city regulations putting drinking individuals in such close proximity to half-nude women and men. Who knows for sure?
A WATERCOLOR INSPIRED BY MEMORIES AND A PHOTOGRAPH…
All of my watercolors of the Monica Hotel have been inspired by a photograph I discovered on Lance and Cromwell’s Flickr Photostream. Upon seeing this photo, the question about this old lounge I remember so well was answered. It was a marvelous little bar, sand on the floor, yet with the class of an old 40s resort, upholstered booths and fancy barstools, and music of the Big Bands playing by choice of many of the elderly customers. All was always well inside the cocktail loung of the Monica, and every eye, male and female, was always focused on the next well-tanned and finely structured body that would parade by the windows with the best air-cooled view on the beach…